Friday 12 July 2013

Been Busy!

I haven't written for a while because I just have not had time. M.E.-wise this has to be good, because normally if I don't write it's because I am too sick to write or have nothing to say because nothing has happened in my life due to being stuck inside.

I have finally finished my course - handed in all coursework etc. It feels good to have done 2 courses in the past academic year. I hope I pass the latest one. I did find it immensely stressful in the last 3 weeks and I was becoming very sick - especially in terms of pain levels and the Trigeminal Neuralgia starting to rear it's head badly (which is very interesting as stress is definitely a trigger!), but I am proud to have finished. I also managed 90% attendance.

I have been working hard on my business since then and also travelling around with my parents looking at boats. It's been nice to get out of the house a bit and to see other areas of England that I have not really seen before. I do find that even travelling in the car is very impacting on me, so I have been trying to take precautions like pillows, plenty of water, badger balm, painkillers, sunglasses/hat etc. I just need to be a bit more sensible about resting either side of a trip.

I really feel that LDN has made a difference to me now. I have been on it for nearly 8 months. Looking back a year ago, I would never have managed all this activity! I was pretty much housebound 90% of the time, and it was starting to impact my relationship with my family and my mental health too. It's not a miracle cure, as I am still essentially 'sick' - for example, I can't stand for as long as I would like before I need to sit down or at least walk to keep the blood moving around, I still suffer with the malaise/fatigue/exhaustion if I do not pace myself, and I am in a lot of pain all the time. Yet I do have better stamina, I am mentally feeling a lot better, I can feel that the disease progression has either halted or slowed right down so at least I don't seem to be getting worse anymore and I am generally better able to do things I was not able to do before - as in... I seem to have a bit longer energy/ability window each day before I have to throw in the towel or risk causing myself a mischief.

1 comment:

  1. A nice positive post from you, I'm glad to read it, and well done for finishing your course you should be very proud! x Hayley-Eszti

    ReplyDelete