Monday 25 November 2013

Seizures in Sleep?

For the last 4 years I have not slept next to somebody. What one doesn't realise is that not sleeping next to another person means you have pretty much no idea what you do while you sleep. Recently I was dragged away to visit my sister as my mum wanted the company. There was only a double room, so we ended up sharing a bed together. Oh my...

... apparently something very odd occurs during my sleep... I seem to have some kind of seizure. It happened two nights while I was asleep. I am completely unaware of the whole thing. I don't snore (which I knew as I have been recording myself during my sleep using a sleep app). Th funny thing is, the sleep app was recording me in the night for apparent snoring, but whenever I listened to the sound recordings, all I could hear was masses of rustling noises as if someone was moving around loads, which I never really could make sense of. Now I am thinking - is that me jerking around during these episodes I seem to be having? It would make sense of the sound recordings if it were. It would also make sense if I am doing this because I have been really struggling morning-wise for some years and the doctors agreed it's not normal; however, they never followed through on the sleep study which one doctor advised another doctor I should have. They thought I might have sleep apnea or something of that nature. I wake up feeling appalling - as if I have gone 10 rounds in the boxing ring, with migraines/headaches, lightheadedness and nausea etc. Now I am wondering, if I can tackle this issue, maybe I would feel a bit better during the day and also be able to function more normally in the morning (i.e. get up without this mammoth struggle and actually be present in the moment rather than off on another planet in a distant galaxy far over there - which is where my morning brain likes to reside).

Took this picture while away of: the beautiful Hampshire Downs
I started doing some research (as usual) and it seems that nocturnal seizures are known to occur in some people with M.E. Hmmm... who knew? Anyway, aside from taking a pharmaceutical (which I would have to find a doctor willing to prescribe), I can try taking L-Theanine. I was taking it before for a while, but when it ran out, I never bought any more. It's meant to be effective in helping prevent these seizure issues, so I shall have to try it again and see how I feel in the daytime.

Poor Millie (my dog)... I think I have probably been driving her insane at night with all this movement (she sleeps in really late these days and also seems tired all day). The irony being that my dog has epilepsy and has woken me in the night to have a seizure... so we're somewhat even.

3 comments:

  1. That sounds bizzare, now you are aware of it maybe you can treat it and like you said hopefully feel better for it. I've dreamt on the occasion of having seizures and wake up jerking etc, which is strange.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really weird. I looked on YouTube and there's quite a lot of videos of people doing all sorts of strange things in their sleep - like periodic limb movement, nocturnal epileptic fits of various types... I never knew! I guess I never thought about it. I wonder if your dreams are actually reflecting reality? I am focusing on the 'other thing' (which I just posted about) at the moment, but I did get some L-Theanine and am going to try that and see if I feel better in the mornings. I am hoping in the new year, when I have enough money, to be able to get a webcam thing that records video at night and try recording myself in my sleep. I think if I am doing 'weird' stuff that it would be more helpful to take a video of to the doctor in terms of getting taken seriously.

      Delete
  2. I will recommend anyone looking for Business loan to Le_Meridian they helped me with Four Million USD loan to startup my Quilting business and it's was fast When obtaining a loan from them it was surprising at how easy they were to work with. They can finance up to the amount of $500,000.000.00 (Five Hundred Million Dollars) in any region of the world as long as there 1.9% ROI can be guaranteed on the projects.The process was fast and secure. It was definitely a positive experience.Avoid scammers on here and contact Le_Meridian Funding Service On. lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.com. WhatsApp...+ 19893943740. if you looking for business loan.

    ReplyDelete