Friday 8 February 2013

Still haven't increased LDN

I've been stuck at 2.5mg Low Dose Naltrexone for some time now. I have one more week before half term, so I have decided to wait until then to increase. I am going to make a decision about increasing once I know what I may be doing during that week off. The big no-no for me is going out - I can't increase if I have to go out of the house, that is unless I am going somewhere with my mum. If I go places with mum, I can easily collapse and go home... And she doesn't think anything of it.

I do think that it is helping me, but not in a cure type way. It seems to be more of the case that it helps to manage symptoms - so maybe I am tending to manage to do more since taking it (and adjusting to the dose) than I was able to consistently do before. I am nowhere near normal or even my 'best' in the whole time I have suffered with M.E., but I have an inkling that taking it is better than not taking it, so I have decided to keep on it for a year and then reevaluate.

This week has been a strange one - half good, half bad. I have been struggling with TTOTM, and it makes me not only have excruciating  pelvic pain (endometriosis type), but also extreme, beyond even my normal, fatigue. So I literally forced myself to get up on Wednesday and go to my German class. I have a bittersweet relationship with this class, as I generally love it when I am there,  but find it so tough to get to it (as it starts at 9.30 a.m.) and it is cognitively challenging for me. I was pretty 'out of it' this last class. I literally wanted to lie on the floor, but I got through it and made sure I rested as soon as I got home.

Yesterday was my hairdressing class. I found that while I love the subject matter, this week the class was hard for me. I was exhausted and I didn't feel I did so well. I am much slower than half the class, and while I try to not be bothered about it, it is hard when everyone is doing other stuff and I am still completing the first task!



Anyway it is over now and I can pace myself until next Wednesday.

So the good part is this - I finally reconnected with my art! I have been unable to do any art for a long time, because of a lack of energy, lack of confidence, and lack of creative flow. The other day my mum cajouled me into having a go. I will share some of my sketches/drawings another time,  but suffice to say I had 3 unpaid commissions as a result of my latest drawing. Doing them will get me back into the swing of things, and I hope I may be able to keep up doing art now I am taking the LDN.

No comments:

Post a Comment