Sunday 14 April 2013

Sunshine at last!

We have finally had a sunny, AND warm, day. In fact it was really warm: 21.5 C which is 71 F. To go from 10.5C/50F to this in ONE DAY, is crazy! My body was a bit like Homer Simpson contemplating a donut... mmmm, but then breaking his tooth when he bit into it... owww.


The thing is my body does not regulate heat well. I am either thyroidally frozen, or having a hot sweat/meltdown. Today I managed to be a bit of both: I was wearing a vest, a 3/4 sleeve cotton top, and a wool cardigan, and not hot, but my hands were exhibiting erythromelalgia. They are painful, as well as uncomfortably hot/swollen. Strangely, this winter I have not suffered from erythromelalgia type symptoms very much at all, I think for 3 reasons:

  1. We had gas central heating fitted, so the temperature extremes are less (e.g. if I am in my room upstairs on my bed, and I go downstairs, I don't go from frozen to hot anymore).
  2. I have been on thyroid medication for 1 year
  3. I have been taking LDN for a while now and am at a high-ish low dose.
Whatever the reason, I am really happy I did not have had to deal with that all winter. Yet, I can't really understand why it was happening today, as normally this issue is linked to winter for me and would usually occur when I eat hot food or drink a hot drink (particularly in the evening).

Anyway, all that aside, it was wonderful to get outside for a wee while and to see some sunshine (through my sunglasses). I hope the weather continues like this as I want to plant some seeds in trays for salad and get my wheatgrass and sprouts going. I am still battling a massive list of tasks to do, but I got quite a few done today (overdue emails, ordering something) and that feels good.


No comments:

Post a Comment