Thursday 7 March 2013

The Flu

So after I wrote my last post, literally a few hours later, I came down with the flu. I have been sick ever since, which is around 12 days now. M.E. and the flu do not go together well. The body can barely cope. I just don't have the reserves to be able to fight it well. I have lost quite a bit of weight as I can't eat much.



I dread this. I have had this severe flu (guessing type A due to the severity) several times in my adult life. I literally got it every year when working. I realised all cases have been when I was doing more and thus exposed to more people and their germs. It really puts me off going out or trying to do things. I am OCD about germs as it is - I carry anti-bacterial gel and sprays and squirt my hands with it frequently while I am out and before I eat anything. I refuse to knowingly be around people who have flu or similar bugs; if I can avoid them I will - no offence, but I don't need to fight extra battles with extra bacteria/viruses etc. I have missed class for 3 weeks (stomach bug, and two weeks with flu), which is both upsetting and frustrating. I want to get on with these things - these small plans/victories in my life, and yet once again my body scuppers my plans. I am pretty fed up with being sick. It's bad enough trying to cope and have plans when you are chronically ill, but there really is no accounting for, or compensating for, having acute illness on top.


2 comments:

  1. oh no, Flu and M.E definitely don't get on well. Poor you, Get 'better' soon, lots of love to you :)
    x Hayley-Eszti

    www.hayleyeszti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your well wishes! I just wrote an update. x

      Delete