Wednesday 30 January 2013

LDN Progress

I have stayed at 2.5mg of Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN) for quite some time. I am glad I did this and did not continue increasing. I really think it is giving my body a chance to acclimatise itself to this dose. The Vitamin C seems to be working well with the LDN. In fact, since taking the high dose Vitamin C, the bone crushing fatigue has abated. I am hoping this is not temporary and that if I continue taking it, I will not have deal, with that again as it was extremely tough both physically and mentally. I have been able to do more this week in terms of having more energy and, to a greater extent, cognitively being more 'with it'. I haven't really decided when to up the  LDN dose again.

Despite feeling benefits again, I do still have to rest and sit down for the majority of the time. The good thing being I can do more while seated. I have to go to bed early - well not early for M.E. people, but anywhere from 5 p.m.-ish onwards. Most nights I am in bed by 7.30 to 8 p.m., there is still a finite amount of energy, it's just more than before.

One area that LDN does not seem to be touching really is pain. I have chronic pain, and I am finding the more I am able to physically do from an energy/ stamina perspective, the more the pain becomes dominant. With this being the case, I decided to finally invest in a TENS machine and see if that helped me.


In bed buzzing myself with the TENS

I bought a pretty good model, so it was quite expensive - boo... being sick is so expensive. I received it yesterday and might review it on here. So far I have used it for back, shoulder, and back of neck pain. I have it on now and it is helping. One thing I have to learn to do is to relax my muscles as tensing them makes pain worse. I still have not figured out how to do that!

No comments:

Post a Comment