Tuesday 11 December 2012

1 week in - humps and bumps along the road.

Today is day 7 of taking LDN and day 6 of feeling the effects - as I take it at night, you are always a day behind feeling the effects.

Yesterday was great. I had a good night of sleep. I felt so much better than Sunday, which was not particularly hard as it was awful. I had more energy, more stamina and felt brighter. I went out, had lunch and did some grocery shopping. When I did crash, and yes I did, it was very sudden and I realised it probably had more to do with dehydration than anything. I drank a bottle of spring water with lemon and lime juice in it (as this was the healthiest thing the store was selling at the kiosk on the way out) downed it and felt better quite quickly. In the evening I felt very tired, but nothing beyond what I would normally feel. I thought I had passed the hump... and was pleased it had only been a day.

Last night was not so good. It took me ages to get to sleep, and when I did, it was fitful and not restful. I had dreams, but they were all stressful and horrid. I awoke with what I am terming the LDN headache, which is the mild/threatening kind and enough pain to be annoying. Previously this had disappeared by say 11 or even 10.30 a.m.; however, today it has remained. I feel wiped out. Accompanying the headache is nausea, deep down nausea and I have started to lose my appetite. I have accomplished nothing today, beyond sitting in a chair by the fire with my dog on my lap. I had plans, but they have been abandoned. I hope I feel better tomorrow, as I have a class first thing for 2 hours. I cling to the memory of yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment